Faith Lutheran Church has been part of the Fond du Lac community since 1947 when 16 people met in the auditorium of St. Peter's Lutheran School to organize as a congregation. It has been growing steadily ever since. Faith's first building was a basement erected at 400 E. Johnson Street with the understanding that a church would one day be built on top of it. That church was completed in 1961 at which time Faith Lutheran School opened its doors with an enrollment of 59 students.
The congregation and school grew rapidly and outgrew the buildings at Johnson Street. In 1973, land was purchased on the eastern edge of Fond du Lac, and in 1983 a school was built on the current property at 55 Prairie Road, and a parsonage adjacent to the property was purchased. In 1989 Faith congregation called its first full-time associate pastor, Pastor David Haugly who still serves at Faith. In 1992, Faith congregation held its final worship service at the Johnson Street Sanctuary which was purchased by Trinity Baptist Church, and began worshipping in the school gym at its Prairie Road property.
By 1994, the new Church with a capacity of 650 and four addition classrooms were completed. Faith celebrated its 50th anniversary in 1997 by which time it had grown to over 1,315 people. In 2001, Pastor Joel Gaertner replaced Pastor Jim Schumann as associate pastor with David Haugly. By 2007 with its rolls swelling to over 1,600 Faith called a third full-time associate pastor, Michael Weigand. In 2013 Pastor Mark Parsons accepted the call to replace Joel Gaertner. The members of Faith are grateful to God for all he has privileged us to witness over these past years, and we have every reason to anticipate that He will continue to bless our work. We hope you will consider being a part of the next chapter at Faith!