The following procedure has been established to foster a meaningful relationship with potential new school families and provide an orderly process for admission.
1. Principal meets with family, introduces them to potential classroom teacher, gives a tour of the facility, and discusses possible enrollment. In our attempt to accommodate the needs of all our students, parents are expected to openly discuss any special needs and concerns regarding their child.
2. Once the family has reviewed all informational materials and is in agreement with school policies and procedures as stated in the parent handbook, an electronic enrollment form shall be completed.
3. Final admission to Faith Lutheran School is determined by the principal and School Board. A notice of admission or denial shall be made in writing to the applicant in a timely manner.
4. Upon acceptance, parents or guardians must consent and submit to all governing policies and procedures established by Faith Lutheran School. The family must also complete the online registration form, begin school fee payments, submit official custody agreement (if applicable), and agree to complete the Bible Information Course during the first year of enrollment.
Faith Lutheran School is open to all member families of Faith Lutheran Church and families from the community who desire a Christian education for their children. Specific enrollment requirements include:
1. Parents must be willing to have their child instructed in the doctrines of the Bible as taught by Faith Lutheran School.
2. All new non-member parents are required to complete the Adult Bible Information Class within the first year of enrollment. Classes are usually held on Sunday mornings during Bible Class hour. This course acquaints participants with the teachings of Holy Scripture as taught and believed by Faith Lutheran Church. Parents will thus be informed of the instruction given their children in school and may better reinforce this instruction in the home.
3. All new parents to Faith Lutheran School (member and non-member) are required to complete Faith Fit Class 101. This is a five week course held on Sunday mornings during Bible Class hour. This class includes discussions on God-given parenting responsibilities, the WELS, Faith Church ministry, and Faith School ministry.
4. All parents with a child in 5th grade are required to complete Faith Fit Class 201. This is a five week course held on Sunday mornings during Bible Class hour. This class emphasizes Christian parenting for pre-teens and teens, high school planning and family spiritual growth.
5. All parents with a child in 8th grade are required to complete Faith Fit Class 301. This is a five week course held on Sunday mornings during Bible Class hour. This class includes discussions on confirmation, high school, teen life challenges and life after Faith Lutheran School.
6. Students are required to sing in their respective choir throughout the school year and participate in the Children’s Christmas Service.
7. All students are expected to attend weekly church services at Faith or their home congregation.
8. Children are expected to participate in Faith’s religion curriculum and adhere to the values, mission, teachings, and beliefs of our church and synod. The religion curriculum includes daily devotions and prayer, weekly chapel services, Bible History lessons, Catechism classes, and the memorization of Bible verses, hymns, and parts of the Lutheran Catechism.
Kindergarten Entrance Requirements
Children entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Faith Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, sex, age, handicap, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, and disability, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Statement of Beliefs
Faith Lutheran School is a ministry of Faith Lutheran Church and a part of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). We believe without reservation that the Scriptures of the Old and the New Testament are the infallible written Word of God and the only rule and norm of faith and practice. Therefore, Faith Lutheran School is founded on these eternal Scriptural truths:
- There is only one true God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God has revealed himself and his love for us in his errorless Word, the Bible.
- God created all things; he created man and woman as the crown of his creation.
- Mankind’s fall into sin has corrupted the entire human race, making all people deserve damnation.
- God, through his grace, love and mercy sent his Son Jesus to live a righteous life for us and to die as payment for every person’s sins.
- Everyone who through the work of the Holy Spirit believes that Jesus is his/her Savior receives forgiveness of sins, life and salvation.
- A Christian desires to show his love to God by obeying God’s commandments and by helping to spread the Good News of the Savior.
Faith Lutheran School is a non-profit organization. It is not our intention or policy to realize financial gain from our institution. The cost of educating one child at Faith Lutheran School is $4970 per year. The majority of this cost is subsidized through church offerings. The remainder is paid directly to Faith Lutheran School as school fees. School fees help to defray the cost of textbooks, workbooks, art supplies, testing materials, accreditation fees, school assemblies and school-related activities.
School Fees for the 2017-18 school year
Member Full Day Kindergarten- Grade 8: $675.00 (14% of student cost)
Member Half day Kindergarten: $400.00 (60% of full day cost)
Non-member Full Day Kindergarten-Grade 8: $3750.00 (80% of student cost)
Non-member Half Day Kindergarten: $2800.00 (60% of full day non-member cost)
* The cost for incidentals such as extended care, hot lunch, recess milk, band, piano lessons, and athletic fees are not covered by school fees
School Fees payment plans
Families may choose from the following payment plans when registering their child online:
- Full payment by August 1
- Bi-annual plan
- 10 month plan
- 9 month plan
ACh school fee program
Families who chose the bi-annual plan, ten month plan or nine month plan are required to participate in the Automated Clearing House (ACH) School Fee Program through National Exchange in Fond du Lac. Registration for this program must be completed by August 1. There is no service fee to school families for participation in this program.
School fee policy
- Accounts must be paid in full by the end of the school year per chosen payment plan.
- Report cards, records, and diplomas will be held at the end of the school year until school fees are paid in full.
- Families with unpaid school fees from a previous school year are not allowed to return for a new school year until balance is paid in full.
At this time, financial assistance is only available to K-8 member families of Faith. A financial assistance application must be completed by May 1 for assistance for the new school year.